Lowe Art Museum to honor students, faculty at preview event

The Lowe Art Museum will honor students and faculty at the Lowe Exhibition Preview starting tomorrow. At the exhibition, there will be an awards ceremony and the announcement of the Master of Fine Arts candidates.

Guest speaker J. Tomás López, a professor in the Department of Art and Art History, is this year’s exhibiting faculty member. His display, titled The Metro Series, represents subway commuters in six cities worldwide: New York, Rome, Barcelona, London, Paris and Madrid. Lopez spent two years working on the project.

“This exhibition is aimed at students primarily and photography lovers,” said Denise Gerson, associate director at the Lowe.

The event lecture is sponsored by the Werner and Marie Stiefel Family Endowment, the Fedor Family Endowment and the Linnie E. Dalbeck Memorial Foundation Trust.

The Exhibition Preview is set for Friday, April 11 from 7 to 10 p.m. The artist lecture will be featured from 7 to 8 p.m., and the reception will be from 8 to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.

– Kendra Zdravkovic

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...