Lowe Art Museum to honor students, faculty at preview event

The Lowe Art Museum will honor students and faculty at the Lowe Exhibition Preview starting tomorrow. At the exhibition, there will be an awards ceremony and the announcement of the Master of Fine Arts candidates.

Guest speaker J. Tomás López, a professor in the Department of Art and Art History, is this year’s exhibiting faculty member. His display, titled The Metro Series, represents subway commuters in six cities worldwide: New York, Rome, Barcelona, London, Paris and Madrid. Lopez spent two years working on the project.

“This exhibition is aimed at students primarily and photography lovers,” said Denise Gerson, associate director at the Lowe.

The event lecture is sponsored by the Werner and Marie Stiefel Family Endowment, the Fedor Family Endowment and the Linnie E. Dalbeck Memorial Foundation Trust.

The Exhibition Preview is set for Friday, April 11 from 7 to 10 p.m. The artist lecture will be featured from 7 to 8 p.m., and the reception will be from 8 to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.

– Kendra Zdravkovic

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...