Lowe Art Museum to honor students, faculty at preview event

The Lowe Art Museum will honor students and faculty at the Lowe Exhibition Preview starting tomorrow. At the exhibition, there will be an awards ceremony and the announcement of the Master of Fine Arts candidates.

Guest speaker J. Tomás López, a professor in the Department of Art and Art History, is this year’s exhibiting faculty member. His display, titled The Metro Series, represents subway commuters in six cities worldwide: New York, Rome, Barcelona, London, Paris and Madrid. Lopez spent two years working on the project.

“This exhibition is aimed at students primarily and photography lovers,” said Denise Gerson, associate director at the Lowe.

The event lecture is sponsored by the Werner and Marie Stiefel Family Endowment, the Fedor Family Endowment and the Linnie E. Dalbeck Memorial Foundation Trust.

The Exhibition Preview is set for Friday, April 11 from 7 to 10 p.m. The artist lecture will be featured from 7 to 8 p.m., and the reception will be from 8 to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.

– Kendra Zdravkovic

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...