BASEBALL: Friday’s Miami-Georgia Tech game postponed

The Friday night game between Miami and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets was postponed Friday afternoon, after Gerogia Tech junior pitcher Michael Hutts was found dead.
Hutts, 21, of Dunwoody, Ga., was a junior in the Georgia Tech College of Management. In nine appearances in 2008, he pitched 10.2 innings with a 3.38 ERA.
Saturday and Sunday’s games are expected to be played as planned.

UPDATE APRIL 12 3:45 A.M.
Friday night’s game will be moved to Saturday at 3 p.m. Game two will be played as scheduled at 7 p.m.
Saturday night’s game and Sunday’s 1 p.m. game will be telecast on CSS (Channel 63 in Coral Gables).

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...