BASEBALL: Hurricane baseball ranked No. 1

The University of Miami’s baseball team was ranked No. 1 by multiple polls Monday after completing a three-game sweep of conference rival Clemson.
The Canes were ranked No. 1 by the USA Today/ ESPN, Baseball America, Rivals.com and National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association polls released Monday. It is the first time since the 2004 season that Miami (26-2, 12-1 ACC) has earned a No. 1 ranking in any poll. It’s the first time since the team entered the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hurricanes are off to their best start of the Jim Morris era, and the second best start of all time – the 1981 Hurricanes started off 39-3.
Rival Florida State University rose to the No. 2 position. Miami will travel to Tallahassee to meet the Seminoles in two weeks time, after traveling to Georgia Tech this weekend. Miami will welcome Florida Gulf Coast University Tuesday and Florida Atlantic University Wednesday. Both games start at 7 p.m.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

USA Diving announced the recipients of its annual awards at a ceremony in conjunction with the 2017 ...