BASEBALL: Hurricane baseball ranked No. 1

The University of Miami’s baseball team was ranked No. 1 by multiple polls Monday after completing a three-game sweep of conference rival Clemson.
The Canes were ranked No. 1 by the USA Today/ ESPN, Baseball America, Rivals.com and National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association polls released Monday. It is the first time since the 2004 season that Miami (26-2, 12-1 ACC) has earned a No. 1 ranking in any poll. It’s the first time since the team entered the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hurricanes are off to their best start of the Jim Morris era, and the second best start of all time – the 1981 Hurricanes started off 39-3.
Rival Florida State University rose to the No. 2 position. Miami will travel to Tallahassee to meet the Seminoles in two weeks time, after traveling to Georgia Tech this weekend. Miami will welcome Florida Gulf Coast University Tuesday and Florida Atlantic University Wednesday. Both games start at 7 p.m.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...