BASEBALL: Hurricane baseball ranked No. 1

The University of Miami’s baseball team was ranked No. 1 by multiple polls Monday after completing a three-game sweep of conference rival Clemson.
The Canes were ranked No. 1 by the USA Today/ ESPN, Baseball America, Rivals.com and National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association polls released Monday. It is the first time since the 2004 season that Miami (26-2, 12-1 ACC) has earned a No. 1 ranking in any poll. It’s the first time since the team entered the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hurricanes are off to their best start of the Jim Morris era, and the second best start of all time – the 1981 Hurricanes started off 39-3.
Rival Florida State University rose to the No. 2 position. Miami will travel to Tallahassee to meet the Seminoles in two weeks time, after traveling to Georgia Tech this weekend. Miami will welcome Florida Gulf Coast University Tuesday and Florida Atlantic University Wednesday. Both games start at 7 p.m.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...