BASEBALL: Canes’ winning streak snapped by FAU, 6-1

Florida Atlantic University snapped Miami’s 14-game winning streak Wednesday, dominating the Canes at home, 6-3.
Michael Obradovich of FAU (19-11), went eight innings while giving up one run and leaving two baserunners who came around to score. Glen Troyanowski came in to close out the game.
A furious comeback by Miami (27-3) failed, as left fielder Dave DiNatale, who hit a game-winning home run the night before, struck out swinging with the bases loaded.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...