SPORTS BRIEFS

Women’s Track and Field

Brown earns ACC honor

The Miami Hurricanes’ Ti’erra Brown was selected as the Atlantic Coast Conference Outdoor Track and Field Co-Performer of the Week. Brown earned the honor after running the nation’s fastest 400-meter hurdles time for the second consecutive week.

Women’s Basketball

Reid to participate in three-point contest

Despite the end of her season, senior guard Maurita Reid will be competing Thursday in the 20th annual Three-Point Shootout. The event takes place in conjunction with the NCAA’s Final Four at St. Mary’s University of Texas.

Reid finished the 2007-08 season second in the ACC with 76 three pointers. She ended her Miami career second all-time in three pointers made, 11 behind Desma Thomas (1992-1997).

The competition will air Thursday at 9 p.m. on ESPN (Channel 34 on campus).

Women’s Tennis

Yaroshuk-Tews inducted to Hall of Fame

Paige Yaroshuk-Tews was recently inducted into the Dade County Tennis Hall of Fame. Yaroshuk-Tews is in her seventh season as the head coach of the University of Miami women’s tennis team, and she is three wins away from being the school’s all-time winningest tennis coach. Yaroshuk-Tews was a four-year letter winner at UCLA, where she earned All-American honors twice in both singles and doubles.

Swimming and Diving

Ross earns Muscle Milk honor

University of Miami sophomore diver Reuben Ross was selected as the Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week for this past week. The honor comes after Ross won the NCAA title in the three-meter platform event and earned All-American honors for his fourth-place finish in the platform event and sixth-place finish in the one-meter event.

Information compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com.

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...