SPORTS BRIEFS

Women’s Track and Field

Brown earns ACC honor

The Miami Hurricanes’ Ti’erra Brown was selected as the Atlantic Coast Conference Outdoor Track and Field Co-Performer of the Week. Brown earned the honor after running the nation’s fastest 400-meter hurdles time for the second consecutive week.

Women’s Basketball

Reid to participate in three-point contest

Despite the end of her season, senior guard Maurita Reid will be competing Thursday in the 20th annual Three-Point Shootout. The event takes place in conjunction with the NCAA’s Final Four at St. Mary’s University of Texas.

Reid finished the 2007-08 season second in the ACC with 76 three pointers. She ended her Miami career second all-time in three pointers made, 11 behind Desma Thomas (1992-1997).

The competition will air Thursday at 9 p.m. on ESPN (Channel 34 on campus).

Women’s Tennis

Yaroshuk-Tews inducted to Hall of Fame

Paige Yaroshuk-Tews was recently inducted into the Dade County Tennis Hall of Fame. Yaroshuk-Tews is in her seventh season as the head coach of the University of Miami women’s tennis team, and she is three wins away from being the school’s all-time winningest tennis coach. Yaroshuk-Tews was a four-year letter winner at UCLA, where she earned All-American honors twice in both singles and doubles.

Swimming and Diving

Ross earns Muscle Milk honor

University of Miami sophomore diver Reuben Ross was selected as the Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week for this past week. The honor comes after Ross won the NCAA title in the three-meter platform event and earned All-American honors for his fourth-place finish in the platform event and sixth-place finish in the one-meter event.

Information compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...