Miami tops FIU, 13-2

Miami traveled across town to University Park Wednesday night, defeating the Florida International University Golden Panthers, 13-2.

The Canes offense continued to roll, scoring in double digits for the 11th time since the beginning of March.

Despite the big numbers, no one player stood out in the lineup. Jemile Weeks led all batters with two hits in four at-bats with three RBIs.

David Gutierrez continued his solid pitching for the season, going six innings and allowing three hits and one earned run, lowering his ERA to 2.76 on the season.

Miami will welcome FIU April 24 to Mark Light Field, completing the traditional home-and-home series between the two schools for the year.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...