Miami tops FIU, 13-2

Miami traveled across town to University Park Wednesday night, defeating the Florida International University Golden Panthers, 13-2.

The Canes offense continued to roll, scoring in double digits for the 11th time since the beginning of March.

Despite the big numbers, no one player stood out in the lineup. Jemile Weeks led all batters with two hits in four at-bats with three RBIs.

David Gutierrez continued his solid pitching for the season, going six innings and allowing three hits and one earned run, lowering his ERA to 2.76 on the season.

Miami will welcome FIU April 24 to Mark Light Field, completing the traditional home-and-home series between the two schools for the year.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...