SPORTS BRIEFS

ROWING

Season opens at Central Florida

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team opened their 2008 season Saturday at the University of Central Florida. Miami’s Varsity Four team of Molly Thornton and Karalyn Van Aken, bow Courtney Guy, stroke Julianne Parker and coxswain Ana Cristina Mantilla beat UCF by nearly six seconds. The Knights bested Miami in both Varsity Eight races held.

The team will now travel to Michigan for a race against Indiana and Notre Dame in East Lansing before traveling to Ypsilanti to face host Eastern Michigan.

SOCCER

Schedule set for 2008

The University of Miami women’s soccer program recently announced their 2008 schedule. The Hurricanes will play a 20-game schedule that includes 12 games against teams that reached the NCAA tournament last season and eight who finished in the NCAA’s final top-25 poll. Of the 20 games, half will be non-conference, while the other half will be ACC games. The Hurricanes will open the season Aug. 22 at Stetson.

Compiled by Pravin Patel and Mathew Bunch from hurricanesports.com.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...