SPORTS BRIEFS

ROWING

Season opens at Central Florida

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team opened their 2008 season Saturday at the University of Central Florida. Miami’s Varsity Four team of Molly Thornton and Karalyn Van Aken, bow Courtney Guy, stroke Julianne Parker and coxswain Ana Cristina Mantilla beat UCF by nearly six seconds. The Knights bested Miami in both Varsity Eight races held.

The team will now travel to Michigan for a race against Indiana and Notre Dame in East Lansing before traveling to Ypsilanti to face host Eastern Michigan.

SOCCER

Schedule set for 2008

The University of Miami women’s soccer program recently announced their 2008 schedule. The Hurricanes will play a 20-game schedule that includes 12 games against teams that reached the NCAA tournament last season and eight who finished in the NCAA’s final top-25 poll. Of the 20 games, half will be non-conference, while the other half will be ACC games. The Hurricanes will open the season Aug. 22 at Stetson.

Compiled by Pravin Patel and Mathew Bunch from hurricanesports.com.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...