MEN’S DIVING: Ross wins national championship

Sophomore Reuben Ross held onto an early lead in the three-meter springboard to win the national championship, the school’s 26th diving title at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way, Wa.

Ross solidified his first championship with a fifth dive mark of 91.80 to fend off Georgia senior Chris Colwill. Colwill won the one-meter springboard event the day before. Ross also earned All-American status in that event with a sixth place finish.

Ross’s victory marks Miami’s 22nd men’s title all-time and the first since Imre Lengyel won the 10-meter platform in 2002. The last three-meter winner was Tyce Routson back in 1997.

Just last week, female diver Brittany Viola won a national championship in the 10-meter platform event, the school’s first diving title of any kind since Lengyel’s win in 2002.

Miami’s other competitor at the championships, freshman J.J. Kinzbach, failed to make the cut with a 274.95 in his best event, the 10-meter platform. Two weeks ago Kinzbach won the event at the NCAA Zone B Championships.

To see more on Brittany Viola’s win last week, click here.

Christina De Nicola may be contacted at c.denicola@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Sophomore Evan McKendry rebounded with a dazzling start, and No. 24 Miami handed No. 1 Florida its f ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...