MEN’S DIVING: Ross wins national championship

Sophomore Reuben Ross held onto an early lead in the three-meter springboard to win the national championship, the school’s 26th diving title at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way, Wa.

Ross solidified his first championship with a fifth dive mark of 91.80 to fend off Georgia senior Chris Colwill. Colwill won the one-meter springboard event the day before. Ross also earned All-American status in that event with a sixth place finish.

Ross’s victory marks Miami’s 22nd men’s title all-time and the first since Imre Lengyel won the 10-meter platform in 2002. The last three-meter winner was Tyce Routson back in 1997.

Just last week, female diver Brittany Viola won a national championship in the 10-meter platform event, the school’s first diving title of any kind since Lengyel’s win in 2002.

Miami’s other competitor at the championships, freshman J.J. Kinzbach, failed to make the cut with a 274.95 in his best event, the 10-meter platform. Two weeks ago Kinzbach won the event at the NCAA Zone B Championships.

To see more on Brittany Viola’s win last week, click here.

Christina De Nicola may be contacted at c.denicola@umiami.edu.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...