Lifting the invisibility cloak in Uganda

Students at the University of Miami may feel no connection to Uganda, but one organization is trying to change that.

The Invisible Children organization, which became an official club Monday, is trying to inform students about the abduction and treatment of child soldiers in Uganda.

They had their first general meeting last Monday, the initial step in spreading their message of stopping child abduction in Uganda – an issue that organization members think is being overlooked.

To continue to spread the word, the organization will be hosting the following events:

March 31: Screening of short films in I-Lounge, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.

April 1: Screening of short films in Pearson, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 4: Invisible Children screening in I-Lounge, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.

April 3: Screening of short films in Eaton, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 9: I-Week screening of “Sunday: The Story of a Displaced Child” in UC Patio, 8:15 and 9:15 p.m.

– Pravin Patel

Visit www.invisiblechildren.com for more information on the organization.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...