Lifting the invisibility cloak in Uganda

Students at the University of Miami may feel no connection to Uganda, but one organization is trying to change that.

The Invisible Children organization, which became an official club Monday, is trying to inform students about the abduction and treatment of child soldiers in Uganda.

They had their first general meeting last Monday, the initial step in spreading their message of stopping child abduction in Uganda – an issue that organization members think is being overlooked.

To continue to spread the word, the organization will be hosting the following events:

March 31: Screening of short films in I-Lounge, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.

April 1: Screening of short films in Pearson, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 4: Invisible Children screening in I-Lounge, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.

April 3: Screening of short films in Eaton, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 9: I-Week screening of “Sunday: The Story of a Displaced Child” in UC Patio, 8:15 and 9:15 p.m.

– Pravin Patel

Visit www.invisiblechildren.com for more information on the organization.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...