Lifting the invisibility cloak in Uganda

Students at the University of Miami may feel no connection to Uganda, but one organization is trying to change that.

The Invisible Children organization, which became an official club Monday, is trying to inform students about the abduction and treatment of child soldiers in Uganda.

They had their first general meeting last Monday, the initial step in spreading their message of stopping child abduction in Uganda – an issue that organization members think is being overlooked.

To continue to spread the word, the organization will be hosting the following events:

March 31: Screening of short films in I-Lounge, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.

April 1: Screening of short films in Pearson, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 4: Invisible Children screening in I-Lounge, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.

April 3: Screening of short films in Eaton, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.

April 9: I-Week screening of “Sunday: The Story of a Displaced Child” in UC Patio, 8:15 and 9:15 p.m.

– Pravin Patel

Visit www.invisiblechildren.com for more information on the organization.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...