While You Were Out

New research lab opens in business school

The Canes Behavioral Laboratory, which will focus on technology-driven marketing research, opened March 10 in the School of Business Administration.

The new facility, which will house 31 networked computer work stations, will be available to about 450 students each semester who must conduct research in the lab as part of a course requirement.

The lab is meant to enhance student learning experience and will focus on how to handle consumer reactions, such as buyer regret.

Professor’s film shown at international festival

A crisis, four University of Miami professors and 14 countries all have one thing in common: They shared the stage at the Miami International Film Festival on March 9.

One Water, brainchild of School of Communication Vice Dean Sanjeev Chatterjee, is a film about the world’s water crisis and features vignettes that span cultures and ages.

The film, which was originally a silent short, has grown to include dialogue and contributions from famous voices such as the Dali Lama and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...