SPORTS BRIEFS

Men’s Basketball
All tournament games available for free online

For students who wish to watch Miami’s first-round game in the NCAA tournament against St. Mary’s University but don’t want to miss class, the NCAA and CBS has a solution for you: March Madness on demand.

After signing up for the free service, users have access to all 63 games that will be played in the tournament as well as classic moments from the tournament’s history. VIP passes, which allow users to bypass connection lines, are running out. To sign up, go to ncaa.org/mmod.

Track and Field
University to hold Hurricane Invitational Thursday

Miami will open up their outdoor track and field season at Cobb Stadium Thursday.

Twenty-one teams from across the country will come to Coral Gables to participate in this year’s Hurricane Invitational. The women’s heptathlon kicks off the event at 10 p.m. and continues through Saturday.

Miami hopes to continue their recent success after junior Krista Simkins became the sixth Hurricane to win an NCAA National Championship.

Women’s Tennis
Doubles team enters top 20

Miami’s tandem of Laura Vallverdu and Romy Farah entered the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s top 20 after winning four of their last five matches.

Vallverdu and Farah moved up from No. 24 after besting Florida State and Clemson’s top pairs, including the Tigers’ then-No. 12 ranked team of Ani Mijacika and Carol Salge, 8-6.

After taking off last week, the women’s tennis team will travel to Virginia this weekend to take on the No. 50 Virginia Cavaliers Saturday and the No. 49 Virginia Tech Hokies Sunday.

Compiled by Matthew Bunch from hurricanesports.com.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...