Coming clean best strategy after ‘accidental’ date

I’m not great with girls, but even so, I have an awesome girlfriend right now. She’s really pretty, smart and makes me laugh. Here’s the problem – I accidentally asked another girl out on a date and went on it. She’s great too, but I really like my girlfriend. I asked my good friend what she thought, but now she says she’s going to tell my girlfriend if I don’t. Now I am at danger of losing the best girl I’ve ever met, a girl I went on a date with by mistake, and a friend who hates me. What should I do?!

-Tool

Dear Tool,

Well, you’re right about a few things: (1) You’re a tool for doing this, (2) you’re not great with girls (clearly this is not a great thing to do to girls) and (3) you definitely are at danger of losing your girlfriend, especially if she’s as smart as you say she is.

Where you’re wrong is that you claim this was all an accident. You met someone, planned a date with her, and actually followed through with it! That, my friend, is not an accident. It’s called cheating.

Although you may pity yourself right now because you think you’ve been ‘backed into a corner,’ the truth is, this is a hell of your own making. The right thing to do now is to come clean with your awesome girlfriend and accept the consequences. She probably will dump you. Admit it: you’d dump you, too.

After you’ve been dumped, you’ll probably try to rebound with the girl you went on the date with, but nothing real can come of it.

Think about it, Tool. She’ll likely come to her senses and realize that the guy who will do it with her will probably do it to her. That or you’ll ruin it anyways before she’s able to come to that conclusion.

As far as your friend who hates you for being a tool, leave her out of it. She’s going to do what she’s going to do.

The best way to cut your losses is to just own your mess. Then maybe you’ll be able to start rising up from your inability to handle girls.

Best of luck!

Fact o’ the Day: The condom made originally of linen was invented in the early 1500s. Casanova the womanizer used linen condoms.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com. Do it! All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...