Quarterback Marve’s misdemeanor charges dropped

POSTED MARCH 11 AT 12:04 A.M.

Hurricane quarterback Robert Marve emerged victorious from court Monday, as prosecutors decided not to pursue two charges against the redshirt freshman.

Celso Alvarado, who claimed Marve broke his sideview mirror last Halloween in Coconut Grove, told The Miami Hurricane via e-mail that the officer who witnessed the incident did not appear at the hearing and the prosecutor dropped charges. He also said he was compensated for damages outside of court.

As reported in the The Hurricane last November (read the story here), Marve was accused of knocking a sideview mirror off a car. When confronted by an officer who saw the act, he ran. He was later caught by the officer and charged with minor criminal mischief and resisting arrest without violence.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...