Quarterback Marve’s misdemeanor charges dropped

POSTED MARCH 11 AT 12:04 A.M.

Hurricane quarterback Robert Marve emerged victorious from court Monday, as prosecutors decided not to pursue two charges against the redshirt freshman.

Celso Alvarado, who claimed Marve broke his sideview mirror last Halloween in Coconut Grove, told The Miami Hurricane via e-mail that the officer who witnessed the incident did not appear at the hearing and the prosecutor dropped charges. He also said he was compensated for damages outside of court.

As reported in the The Hurricane last November (read the story here), Marve was accused of knocking a sideview mirror off a car. When confronted by an officer who saw the act, he ran. He was later caught by the officer and charged with minor criminal mischief and resisting arrest without violence.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...