Quarterback Marve’s misdemeanor charges dropped

POSTED MARCH 11 AT 12:04 A.M.

Hurricane quarterback Robert Marve emerged victorious from court Monday, as prosecutors decided not to pursue two charges against the redshirt freshman.

Celso Alvarado, who claimed Marve broke his sideview mirror last Halloween in Coconut Grove, told The Miami Hurricane via e-mail that the officer who witnessed the incident did not appear at the hearing and the prosecutor dropped charges. He also said he was compensated for damages outside of court.

As reported in the The Hurricane last November (read the story here), Marve was accused of knocking a sideview mirror off a car. When confronted by an officer who saw the act, he ran. He was later caught by the officer and charged with minor criminal mischief and resisting arrest without violence.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...