Crystal, Gross will go head-to-head

POSTED FEB. 28 AT 5:35 P.M.
UPDATED FEB. 28 AT 9:41 P.M.

It’s a run-off.

Jeremy Crystal and Brandon Gross will face off in a second round of voting Monday through Wednesday.

Crystal garnered one vote more than Gross, but the elimination of Dan Lazaro makes that irrelevant.

Here is the breakdown for president:

– Crystal, 808

– Gross, 807

– Lazaro, 457

The vice president and treasurer candidates for both All About U and Committed to U will be on the run-off ballot as well.

A total of 2,122 students voted in elections.

Statement from the Elections Commission about the run-off election:

Student Government Run-Off Election Days

As no candidate running for an Executive office received a majority of the votes cast, there will be a run-off election held for the offices of President, Vice-President and Treasurer. The Elections Commission has created the following schedule for the student government run-off elections:

Monday, March 3, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm
Wednesday, March 5, 2008 – UC Breezeway, 10am – 4pm

Final elections results will be announced Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 5pm on the Rock.

Any questions concerning the elections process can be directed to the Elections Commission at umelections@gmail.com.

Please check TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu.

Greg Linch

Former editor in chief (2007-2008)

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...