A breakdown of the current construction on campus

About $20 million worth of construction has popped up almost everywhere around the University of Miami campus, with most projects expected to be finished by spring 2009.

Next to the BankUnited Center, the multipurpose and practice facility will be under construction until next fall. The 30,000 square-foot facility will house two practice courts for the UM basketball teams. It will also serve as a location for lectures and events and as a permanent location for commencement ceremonies, said Richard K. Jones, assistant vice president of Facilities, Design and Construction.

The Serpentine parking lot in front of the BankUnited Center will be under construction to add 408 parking spaces until the summer, Jones said.

The 11,000 square-foot clubhouse at Mark Light Field at Alex Rodriguez Park, which wraps around the baseball stadium, will include new ticket booths, press boxes, suites, concession stands and locker rooms. The concession stands will be in permanent locations by April and the remainder of the clubhouse will open in February 2009.

The construction visible from the main entrance of the university is the new 4,100 square-foot Myrna and Sheldon Palley Pavilion. The Palley Pavilion is an expansion to the Lowe Art Museum and will house a 100-piece glass collection donated by the Palleys as well as other contemporary pieces donated to the university, said Brian Dursum, director of the Lowe Art Museum.

More information about current and future construction projects can be found on the Facilities Design and Construction Web site at miami.edu/facilities-planning.

Ashley Torres may be contacted at a.torres@umiami.edu.

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...