Kimbo Slice: The fists of our generation

On Feb. 16 the BankUnited Center hosted one of the biggest events of its short history: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott. Kimbo, who has fought in more backyards than Michael Vick’s dogs, was as dominating as the New England Patriots (pre-Super Bowl XXLVXLLV – that’s 42 in Roman numerals by the way) against Tank Abbott and his almost respectable record of 8-10. There was more on the line in this fight than in most: The loser had to reveal his real name. ‘Tank’ is actually David Lee. This could have been career crushing for Kimbo had he lost. Imagine if his real name is something like Kevin Ferguson. Does anybody want to watch a fight including a guy named Kevin Ferguson? But call him ‘Kimbo Slice’ and you’ve got a YouTube legend.

Few things have contributed as much to the “information age” as YouTube has. It is one of America’s most valuable educational tools. For instance, if not on YouTube, where will the children of America learn how to properly take J

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...