Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Jeremy Crystal // All About U

Running Mates: Anita Viciana, vice president; Celsus ‘CJ’ Williams, treasurer
Year: Junior
Major: Political Science
CAMPAIGN Web site: AllAboutUMiami.com
Color: Dark blue

Experience

Honor Council: President
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity: founding father
Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Legal Fraternity: former public relations chair
Fraternity Judicial Board: current member

Platform Goals: Top 3

Commuter Parking: Crystal and his running mates said they walked the gravel parking lot next to the School of Business and calculated that the area could create 150 parking spots if paved and delineated. Crystal believes that students should not have to miss class because of parking problems. Even if the area by the business school is not changed to allow for more parking, he said he is going to push for parking expansion in other areas, such as adding floors to the Pavia Garage across from the Student Health Center.

Cane Card use off campus: Though this is a recurring campaign promise that has yet to be carried out by previous administrations, Crystal said the major problem in the past was funding. He said that he has a bank lined up to partner with the University of Miami. With this partnership, Crystal said students could use their Cane Card as a debit card to have the option of dining wherever they want.

Chartwells meal plan rollover: With this initiative, Crystal suggested two options: Unused meals could rollover into the next week or unused meals could be converted into dining dollars to use at the food court, C-store and everywhere else on campus that is owned by Chartwells. He said he has multiple options to plan for obstacles.

The Rest

Improve the advisor system (give every student an advisor); music practice rooms open 24/7; ATM machines in every dorm; shuttle efficiency (eliminate delays by installing a left turn signal at Stanford entrance and Ponce Garage); expanded recycling efforts; e-mail notification for parking tickets; open door policy; and a “Dialogue” letter from SG president each month similar to President Donna E. Shalala’s e-mails.

Fun Facts

If you could be an animal, what would you be?

“An aardvark. Why not? I could eat ants. I hear they’re a good source of protein.”

Describe a perfect date:

“One that you actually see a connection. We can do whatever she wants to do, but [it’s perfect] when we see that there’s actually something more.”

What would your campaign theme song be?

Anything classic rock.

If you could be anyone else on campus for one day, who would that be and why?

“Dr. Whitely. I’d like to understand what goes on behind the scenes and in the decision making process.”

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...