Dan Lazaro // Make it Happen for U

Dan Lazaro // Make it Happen for U

Running Mates: Kimberly Thompson, vice president; Kristina Rosales, treasurer
Year: Junior
Major: Business Administration
Campaign Web site: MakeItHappenForU.com
Color: Light blue

Experience

Interfraternity Council: president and former executive secretary
Phi Delta Theta fraternity: philanthropy chair, vice president and fundraising chair
Student Government: senator and Academic Affairs Committee member
School of Business: peer counselor

Platform Goals: Top 3

University shuttle improvement plan: Lazaro’s main platform goal is improving and expanding the shuttle system because “it affects every student, whether your have a car or not.” With this plan, he wants to decrease shuttle wait time while also expanding the Coconut Grove shuttle to fraternity row and University Village. Also, Lazaro and his running mates will look into having a Tuesday night shuttle, if there is demand.

Enterprise rental program: Similar to Committed to U’s Zip-Car service, Lazaro said he is looking out for freshmen and other students who do not, or will not, have cars next year. Lazaro noted that the program would be based off of a similar program already running at Emory University in Atlanta.

Green U expansion package: Lazaro said he is bothered everyday by the fact that he doesn’t have easy access to recycling. He plans to work with various campus organizations such as Earth Alert to expand recycling and greening options such as replacing light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.

The Rest

CaneFlix movie rental kiosk; expanded language course offerings; Cane Card use off campus; laptop and color printing; expanded cable package; Chartwells to-go hot liquid cups; improved course offerings; easily searchable scholarship database; healthy food options in vending machines; on-call health center services; Wall Street Journal in the business school; expansion of undergraduate research; major-specific peer advisors; increased salaries for work study employees; expansion of course reserves; back door wellness center entrance; supplement and health plan offerings at the Wellness Center; clear parking signs; case study trips abroad.

Fun Facts

If you could be an animal, what would you be?

“A dog. They have the most personality and they are always happy, and at the end of the day they are always there for you.”

Describe a perfect date:

“Starting off meeting and talking, and then probably lunch for a first date. Just getting to know each other and take it as it goes.”

What would your campaign theme song be?

“If You Believe in Magic” by the Lovin’ Spoonful.

If you could be anyone else on campus for one day, who would that be and why?

“President Shalala. It would be cool to make all the big decisions that really affect students.”

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...