What’s going on?

TODAY FEBRUARY 14
Happy Valentines Day!

Come see Vision of the Andes, an exhibit of the Peruvian textile art of Flora Zárate and the Andean photographs of Ricardo de Aguayo, at the Pearson Residential College Library from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Patio Jams will feature The Heavy Pets, a rock band with a wide range of styles, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 15
The 7th Annual South Florida Environmental Ethics Consortium will give students the opportunity to discuss how to maintain a balance between South Florida’s growing population requirements and its natural environment. Students pay $25 at the door. The event begins at 8:15 a.m. at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science.

Movies on the Green will present “Across the Universe” and “The Notebook” from 8 to 11:45 p.m. on the University Green.

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 16
Join in on FunDay 2008, a philanthropic event that will give students the opportunity to buddy up with special citizens of the Miami area and participate in everything from arts and crafts to a carnival. Breakfast, lunch and a free T-shirt will be provided. The fun begins at 9 a.m. in the UC Breezeway.

The “Harlem Speaks” charity banquet will feature live musical entertainment, poetry and more. The event is $10 for students and will take place at the School of Communications courtyard at 7 p.m.

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 17
Women Only! In Their Studios, a national tour celebrating women in the arts and featuring well-known female artists and their works, has reached the Lowe Art Museum. Check it out today; the museum is open from noon till 5 p.m.

ETC.
UM’s Iron Arrow Honor Society is seeking recommendations for new nominations. Identify someone who deserves to be part of UM’s “highest honor” society, along with why you think so. Submit recommendations to ironarrow@miami.edu by Feb. 15.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...