EDGE’s first creative writing competition winner

1000 Inches

By Sam Rotenberg

It’s 28 degrees and you wore my socks tonight.
I was just in my room and you took me back out into the world.
My room was dark.
Blue.
You still knew my name.
I heard it.
Is that Love?
The fact that it was so cold that you needed to wear a pair of socks that I gave you.
And you told me because you wanted me to know.
You wanted me to feel happiness.
It was 28 degrees and you wore my socks.
I’ll warm you up if you need it.
And you did.
And you told me you did.
I’ll wear your attention like you wore my socks.
Warm me with love and you can have any sock of mine.
I don’t care much for my feet.
I go more places with my heart anyway

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...