Sports Briefs

Baseball
Four Hurricanes earn pre-season honors

The pre-season respect for the Hurricanes’ baseball team did not stop at the polls, as it continued when pre-season All-Americans were named by Baseball America. The Hurricanes led all teams with the three first team selections of juniors Yonder Alonso, Dennis Raben and Jemile Weeks. Junior Blake Tekotte was named to the third team.

Soccer/Volleyball
Hurricanes earn All-ACC Academic Team honors

The University of Miami women’s soccer and volleyball teams continue to excel on and off the field. Recently, five members of the soccer team – seniors Lauren McAdam and Sheuneen Ta and freshmen Brittney Macdonald, Lauren Singer and Brittney Steinbruch – and three members of the volleyball team – senior Ciara Michel, junior Bridget Bomhack and freshman Maria Andersson – were honored with All-ACC Academic team honors.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...