Power outages hit Coral Gables campus after midnight

POSTED FEB. 13 AT 1:35 A.M.

UPDATE: 2:15 A.M
Power returned by 2 a.m.
Florida Power and Light workers returned power to parts of the campus at around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning, after a disruption to a transformer at the intersection of Merrick Avenue and Walsh Drive.

Power went out in the following locations on the Coral Gables campus around 1 a.m. Wednesday:

-Eaton inside (except for the Department of Residence Hall offices, dorm hallways and exterior flood lights)

-Mahoney inside (except for exterior flood lights)

Hecht-Stanford and Pearson, as well as most other buildings on campus, appeared to have power at the time of posting.

Continue to check TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu. Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...