Power outages hit Coral Gables campus after midnight

POSTED FEB. 13 AT 1:35 A.M.

UPDATE: 2:15 A.M
Power returned by 2 a.m.
Florida Power and Light workers returned power to parts of the campus at around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning, after a disruption to a transformer at the intersection of Merrick Avenue and Walsh Drive.

Power went out in the following locations on the Coral Gables campus around 1 a.m. Wednesday:

-Eaton inside (except for the Department of Residence Hall offices, dorm hallways and exterior flood lights)

-Mahoney inside (except for exterior flood lights)

Hecht-Stanford and Pearson, as well as most other buildings on campus, appeared to have power at the time of posting.

Continue to check TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu. Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...