2008 football schedule announced

The University of Miami released their football schedule Friday afternoon, providing dates and times for all 12 games.
The team will open their season at home, playing their first game at Dolphin Stadium against Division I-AA opponent Charleston Southern. The Buccaneers were 5-6 last season, competing in the Big South conference.
The next week, the Canes will travel to The Swamp to take on the University of Florida, in the first regular-season matchup between the two since 2003, when UF transfer Brock Berlin led Miami to a furious 38-33 comeback win. Miami has not lost to the Gators since 1985.
Miami also travels to Texas A&M to complete a home-and-home agreement with the Aggies, but welcomes Florida State and Virginia Tech to Dolphin Stadium.
Miami concludes the season with a visit to Raleigh, NC to take on North Carolina State. The Wolfpack delivered a crushing 19-16 defeat to the Hurricanes last season in the Orange Bowl.
2008 will be Head Coach Randy Shannon’s second with the team. The Canes finished 5-7 last season, missing a bowl for the first time since 1997.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...