2008 football schedule announced

The University of Miami released their football schedule Friday afternoon, providing dates and times for all 12 games.
The team will open their season at home, playing their first game at Dolphin Stadium against Division I-AA opponent Charleston Southern. The Buccaneers were 5-6 last season, competing in the Big South conference.
The next week, the Canes will travel to The Swamp to take on the University of Florida, in the first regular-season matchup between the two since 2003, when UF transfer Brock Berlin led Miami to a furious 38-33 comeback win. Miami has not lost to the Gators since 1985.
Miami also travels to Texas A&M to complete a home-and-home agreement with the Aggies, but welcomes Florida State and Virginia Tech to Dolphin Stadium.
Miami concludes the season with a visit to Raleigh, NC to take on North Carolina State. The Wolfpack delivered a crushing 19-16 defeat to the Hurricanes last season in the Orange Bowl.
2008 will be Head Coach Randy Shannon’s second with the team. The Canes finished 5-7 last season, missing a bowl for the first time since 1997.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...