Heat to host Greek Night for Area Schools

The Miami Heat will be hosting their first “Greek Night” on Tuesday, February 12. Greek students from area universities such as the University of Miami, Florida Atlantic University and Florida International University will be treated to an hour-long pre-game social at the American Airlines Arena. Ticket prices for Greek students will be $25 and will include a game ticket, food and admission to the social event. Ten percent of the proceeds will go to charity. The Heat game against the Denver Nuggets will begin at 7:30 p.m., and the Greek social will begin at 6:30.

Greek students are encouraged to wear their jerseys, and the Heat has provided block seating for all Greeks.

Tickets can be purchased through Heat Group Sales employees Greg Jackson at 786-777-4259 or Claudia Cortes at 786-777-4257.

-Jon Moss

Etc.

Get involved with Relay For Life at UM, and help fight breast cancer. Students can sign up at umiamirelay.org. Sign-up is allowed anytime before April 5, when the event takes place.

The staff of The Miami Hurricane received an award from the Columbia Student Press Association in New York for several issues from last semester. The paper was judged in 12 different categories, and was awarded 955 points out of a possible 1,000.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...