Sports Briefs

Baseball
Rivals.com has Hurricanes No. 2

In the latest of the preseason polls, the University of Miami Hurricanes have been respected with yet another high ranking. The Hurricanes have been ranked as a top-15 team in four previous preseason polls, from various sources such as magazines, websites and syndicates, but Rivals.com, in their recent poll, gave the Canes their highest ranking yet, at No. 2.

Rowing
Hurricanes add Sajincic to squad

The University of Miami rowing team has added Monika Sajincic to the 2008 spring squad. Sajincic brings her international experience and success to a Hurricanes team that is already very talented. The team will open their season March 29 in Orlando against the University of Central Florida.

Volleyball
Carico earns All-American honors

Hurricane signee Lane Carico joined 11 other high school volleyball players named to Volleyball Magazine’s 2007 Mizuno/Volleyball All-American team. Carico led her high school team to a 37-0 record and her team’s fourth-straight state championship.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...