Sports Briefs

Baseball
Rivals.com has Hurricanes No. 2

In the latest of the preseason polls, the University of Miami Hurricanes have been respected with yet another high ranking. The Hurricanes have been ranked as a top-15 team in four previous preseason polls, from various sources such as magazines, websites and syndicates, but Rivals.com, in their recent poll, gave the Canes their highest ranking yet, at No. 2.

Rowing
Hurricanes add Sajincic to squad

The University of Miami rowing team has added Monika Sajincic to the 2008 spring squad. Sajincic brings her international experience and success to a Hurricanes team that is already very talented. The team will open their season March 29 in Orlando against the University of Central Florida.

Volleyball
Carico earns All-American honors

Hurricane signee Lane Carico joined 11 other high school volleyball players named to Volleyball Magazine’s 2007 Mizuno/Volleyball All-American team. Carico led her high school team to a 37-0 record and her team’s fourth-straight state championship.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

USA Diving announced the recipients of its annual awards at a ceremony in conjunction with the 2017 ...