Rambo is ultra-violent, Natasha Bedingfield significantly less so

Rambo’s High Expectations Fall Short

Sylvester Stallone crams as much violence as possible into an hour-and-a-half film in an age of computer graphics when anything is possible. This eventually amounts to a montage of beheadings, gut-spilling and explosive body parts. Which is great, if that’s all you want from a film, because in Stallone’s take on Rambo that’s all you will get. The characters are two-dimensional to the extent that one hardly feels any sympathy for their inevitable bloody demise. The only feelings being stirred are horror and slight nausea. The film hardly does justice to the character that Stallone made famous in the ’80s and will be a disappointment to those who looked forward to a loyal sequel.

“Pocketful of Sunshine” is jam-packed with Light-Hearted Hits

Natasha Bedingfield’s new album adheres to her usual formula of upbeat, fresh tunes and is clearly set to be the new album you reach for when driving with the top down. “Love Like This” is easily recognizable as the catchy number of the album thanks to Sean Kingston’s refreshing contribution. Tracks such as “Freckles” and “Happy” are perfect for lying by the pool, whilst a more downbeat track like “Soulmate,” as more of a ballad, is still a viable sing-a-long type of track. There is a treat to be found in the acoustic remake of “Unwritten” and fans of the original version will not be disappointed. This is an album not to be taken too seriously but to be enjoyed when the sun is streaming through the window and a day at the beach is on the agenda.

“Juno” Soundtrack lives up to its cinematic counterpart

The movie’s quirky soundtrack is a perfect reflection of the popular indie film. Fans of the film will enjoy an album that reminds them of all of their favorite parts of the movie. The album is dominated by the folksy Kimya Dawson, who shows extreme similarity to new British import Kate Nash. Dawson’s tracks refuse to settle into any one genre, much as Ellen Page’s character resists conformity in the film. With recognizable tunes such as “Tire Swing” and “Anyone Else But You” the soundtrack is as uplifting and lovable as its cinematic counterpart. Those who loved “Juno” will not fail to embrace the awkward optimism of its soundtrack.

Kat Maher can be contacted at k.maher1@umiami.edu. Rene Basulto may be contacted at r.basulto@umiami.edu.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...