I think, therefore I am at Café Philo

A croissant, some coffee and a conundrum.. This is Café Philo, a setting for debate and analysis that a University of Miami philosophy professor recently transported from Paris to Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.

The mix of caffeine and conversation is designed to stir up discussion among strangers and make philosophy accessible to all by reviving the Socratic period in Athens.

Gale Prawda, Café Philo moderator and adjunct philosophy professor, explained that the café is a “means to express ideas outside of an academic context.”In 1992, Marc Sautet, a French philosopher, started Café Philo in Paris with several of his friends as a means of discussing issues of the day.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...