I think, therefore I am at Café Philo

A croissant, some coffee and a conundrum.. This is Café Philo, a setting for debate and analysis that a University of Miami philosophy professor recently transported from Paris to Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.

The mix of caffeine and conversation is designed to stir up discussion among strangers and make philosophy accessible to all by reviving the Socratic period in Athens.

Gale Prawda, Café Philo moderator and adjunct philosophy professor, explained that the café is a “means to express ideas outside of an academic context.”In 1992, Marc Sautet, a French philosopher, started Café Philo in Paris with several of his friends as a means of discussing issues of the day.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...