Hate, perception subjects of Leadership Summit

COACHING LIFE: Dr. Mark Vickers, a keynote speaker at last Saturday’s Leadership Summit, talks to student leaders about the dangers of hate.

More than 300 student leaders attended the event, hosted by the Butler Center for Service and Leadership. Students from multiple organizations and affiliations gathered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to network, discuss leadership topics and listen to presentations by two keynote speakers: Vickers, a professional life coach, and Jose “Pepi” Diaz, a UM and Columbia Law graduate who spoke about the importance of perception.

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...