Highlights from the break

Football

Former Hurricane football star Jim Dooley passed away Jan. 8.

Top linebacker prospect Arthur Brown – East High School – verbally committed to the Hurricanes.

Top cornerback prospect Patrick Johnson Blanche Ely – decommitted from the Hurricanes and verbally committed to LSU.

Men’s Basketball

The Hurricanes have posted a 14-2 record thus far in the season.

The Hurricanes suffered their first loss of the season to Winthrop, 76-70.

The Hurricanes opened Atlantic Coast Conference play with a key win over Georgia Tech, 78-68.

Women’s Basketball

The Hurricanes have posted a 9-10 record since the start of the season.

In Atlantic Coast Conference play, the Hurricanes are 1-2, beating Clemson but suffering losses to Duke and Georgia Tech.

Cross Country

The Hurricane’s men’s cross country team earned Atlantic Coast Conference 2007 Sportsmanship of the Year Award.

Baseball

The Hurricanes open the season ranked No. 14 by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.

Junior first baseman Yonder Alonso was named to the 2008 Louisville Slugger Pre-Season All-American second team by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.

Sophomore pitcher Eric Erickson was named a pre-season All-American by the National Collegiate Baseball Writer’s Association.

Alonso, Erickson, sophomore third baseman Mark Sobolewski and junior second baseman Jemile Weeks were named to the pre-season watch list for the 2008 Brooks Wallace Player of the Year Award.

Soccer

Freshman forward Brittney Steinbruch and freshman midfielder Lauren Singer were named to the Soccerbuzz.com All-Freshman Team.

Steinbruch was also named First Team All-Freshman by Soccer America.

Track and Field

Former University of Miami track and field athlete Melanie Peters won the Walt Disney World Marathon.

Pravin Patel may be contacted at p.patel7@umiami.edu.

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...