BEST OF VIDEO GAMES: Wannabe musicians make ‘Rock Band’ rule in 2007

“Bioshock”
Even while it touched on free will and morality, “Bioshock” still fired up the action and horror that mesmerized anyone who dived into the underwater dystopia of Rapture.

“Super Mario Galaxy”
Gaming’s original superstar returned in this spectacular outing that rivaled the revolutionary “Super Mario 64.”

“Portal”
This short but hilarious first-person puzzle game was the biggest surprise of “The Orange Box” collection.
“Rock Band”
Despite a price of $169, “Rock Band” perfectly simulated the rock star experience, especially when playing with friends.

“Halo 3”
Surrounded by hype, the immensely popular “Halo” trilogy finale still delivered when it came to multiplayer and online play.

What 2008 Will Bring

“Super Smash Bros. Brawl”
Now with Sonic the Hedgehog and online battles, this party favorite might be the only game Wii owners will ever need.

“Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots”
An aging Solid Snake will sneak through open battles across the world to finally answer the series’ long-standing questions.

“Grand Theft Auto IV”
The always controversial “Grand Theft Auto” series looks to reassert its place at the top with a grand crime story.

“Spore”
Will Wright, the genius behind “The Sims,” now wants to let players evolve a simple organism into whatever they wish.

“Fallout 3”
This post-apocalyptic RPG franchise is spreading to consoles with the developers of “The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion” at the helm.

Rene Basulto may be contacted at r.basulto@umiami.edu.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...