BEST OF VIDEO GAMES: Wannabe musicians make ‘Rock Band’ rule in 2007

“Bioshock”
Even while it touched on free will and morality, “Bioshock” still fired up the action and horror that mesmerized anyone who dived into the underwater dystopia of Rapture.

“Super Mario Galaxy”
Gaming’s original superstar returned in this spectacular outing that rivaled the revolutionary “Super Mario 64.”

“Portal”
This short but hilarious first-person puzzle game was the biggest surprise of “The Orange Box” collection.
“Rock Band”
Despite a price of $169, “Rock Band” perfectly simulated the rock star experience, especially when playing with friends.

“Halo 3”
Surrounded by hype, the immensely popular “Halo” trilogy finale still delivered when it came to multiplayer and online play.

What 2008 Will Bring

“Super Smash Bros. Brawl”
Now with Sonic the Hedgehog and online battles, this party favorite might be the only game Wii owners will ever need.

“Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots”
An aging Solid Snake will sneak through open battles across the world to finally answer the series’ long-standing questions.

“Grand Theft Auto IV”
The always controversial “Grand Theft Auto” series looks to reassert its place at the top with a grand crime story.

“Spore”
Will Wright, the genius behind “The Sims,” now wants to let players evolve a simple organism into whatever they wish.

“Fallout 3”
This post-apocalyptic RPG franchise is spreading to consoles with the developers of “The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion” at the helm.

Rene Basulto may be contacted at r.basulto@umiami.edu.

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...