What’s going on?

November 29: Today

Patio Jams will feature The Legendary JC’s, a soulful rock/blues band, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Aids Around The World Week will provide free food, interactive activities, arts and crafts and vendors from World Vision and Hands on Miami from noon to 2 p.m. at the UC Rock.

Domino Tournament and Cigar Night, hosted by Students United for a Free Cuba, will offer free cigars, food and information on political prisoners at 7 p.m. on the UC Patio.

November 30: Friday

Patio Jams will feature Tavern, a rock band that plays both covers and original material. The event will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Miami Short Film Festival, presented by UM’s School of Communication, will screen ten films beginning at 6 p.m. at Cosford Cinema.

December 1: Saturday

The Miami Short Film Festival will screen nine films at 2 p.m. and another nine films at 5 p.m. at Cosford Cinema.

The Cuba Transition Project will present “Cuba: What to Expect,” an all-day seminar featuring a speech by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutiérrez at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This event is free for UM students, faculty and staff.

December 2: Sunday

The Frost School of Music will present the Frost Choral Union at the 15th Annual Holiday Dinner at Parrot Jungle Island.

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

Part three of a five-part series with the Canes' view of every player on defense: Some insight ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...