Herald: Three held in Taylor case

POSTED NOV. 30 AT 3:31 P.M.

Three men were detained in Ft. Myers today and are being questioned regarding the murder of Sean Taylor, The Miami Herald reported Friday.

The three men, ages 17, 19 and 21, are all believed to be from the Ft. Myers area, and were being held for questioning Friday morning.

Miami-Dade Police would not confirm to The Miami Hurricane that the three were picked up, only that the department has detectives working on an investigation in Lee County.

Taylor, a Washington Redskins and former Miami Hurricanes safety, was shot and killed last Monday in his Palmetto Bay home.

Please check back with The Miami Hurricane for updates.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...