REPORT CARD: MIAMI VS. VA TECH

Quarterbacks: C

The passing game wasn’t an albatross? And Miami still got crushed? Yes, despite Kyle Wright’s three turnovers, he went 21-for-36 with 215 yards. Not too shabby. Not something to highlight either. Wright still needs a win over Boston College in order to avoid the stigma of being the quarterback of the team that snapped the bowl streak.

Running Backs: F

Absolutely awful. Certainly the O-line is to blame as well, but Javarris James and Derron Thomas combined for 12 yards – 12. In order for Miami to have any kind of success, the running game has to show up big time. On Saturday, they didn’t show up at all.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: D

Kyle Wright made more solid passes Saturday than his completion total shows. His receivers dropped more than a few, like usual. Sam Shields had a pretty good game. Welcome to the 2007 season. Everyone else was forgettable.

Offensive Line: F

If the running game stalls out, and the quarterback gets sacked five times, there’s only one place to look. The O-line just didn’t get the job done, as that famed Hokie D-line ate them up all day. They appeared to have it together earlier this season, but the fa

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...