Hardball canceled for Nov. 26, 27

POSTED NOV. 19 AT 12:27 P.M.

The following message was sent out Monday morning in a special edition of Ibis News:

The Hardball College Tour with Chris Matthews, which was set to come to UM on November 26 and 27, has been cancelled due to talent scheduling issues at MSNBC. They are working to reschedule new dates at the University for early 2008. The new dates will be announced as soon as they are confirmed.

The e-mail also announced the following regarding tickets for the Destino 2008 GOP candidate forum:

Ticket distribution will be held next week for Destino 2008, the Republican presidential candidates forum being presented by the University and Univision on Sunday, December 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the BankUnited Center on the Coral Gables campus. Doors open at 5 p.m. This is a live broadcast and attendees should arrive early due to increased security measures.

Tickets will be available to students only on Tuesday and Wednesday, November 27 and 28. Any remaining tickets will be available to faculty, staff, and students on Thursday and Friday, November 29 and 30. Tickets will be distributed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all days. Tickets are required and are available on a first-come, first-served basis to the UM community only. Limit of one ticket per person. Present your ‘Cane Card ID at one of the following ticket distribution locations:

Coral Gables Campus
University Center, Information Desk
School of Law, Dean of Students, Room A-212 (law school students, faculty, and staff only)

Rosenstiel School Campus
Graduate Studies, S-A 132 (RSMAS students, faculty, and staff only)

Miller School Campus
Medical Students: Office of Student Affairs, RMSB, Room 2099
Graduate Students: Office of Graduate Studies, RMSB, Room 6005
Faculty and Staff: Community Relations, RMSB, Room 1125

The Republican candidates participating in the forum, which will focus on issues of interest to the Hispanic community, are former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, Congressman Duncan Hunter, U.S. Senator John McCain, Congressman Ron Paul, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, and former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...