A slice of chocolate heaven

After rounding the corner of the elevator, the smells of chocolate pour into your nostrils, and the soft yellow lights guide you to what surely seems to be heaven. Every Friday and Saturday night, The Four Seasons Hotel Miami hosts a decadent chocolate tapas bar that will leave even the most ardent chocolate lover begging for mercy.

The buffet of desserts sits on a long table, with tiers of different choices and soft candles scattered in between. In the center is a large chocolate fountain, complete with baskets of marshmallows, strawberries, cookies and Rice Krispies treats for dipping. Each dessert looks hand-made, crafted especially for you, many with flecks of edible gold garnished on top. My advice is to start at one end of the table and work your way down because, try as you might, you won’t be able to fit them all on one plate.

The first thing that caught my eye was the chocolate cream, a small espresso-sized cup of what seemed like chocolate pudding with whipped cream and a thin chocolate garnish on top (which I also ate first). Peeking through at the back of the table, I noticed a small electric incubator, keeping the small, but heavenly molten chocolate cakes warm.

At first, I turned my nose up to the chocolate passion fruit, but after both the chef and my waitress told me it was their favorite, I had to try it for myself – and they were definitely right. The passion fruit came off very strong, so if you’re one of those people who doesn’t like to mix business with pleasure, this one’s not for you.

This buffet has something for everyone to love, whether it’s the milk chocolate caramelized dome (amazing), or the raspberry upside down tort. Don’t leave without trying my favorite, the Colombian coffee Napoleon, a rich combination of coffee-flavored mousse sandwiched between both soft and hardened chocolate. And before you do anything, make sure to order a tall glass of milk-you’re going to need it.

Where: Four Seasons Hotel Miami 1435 Brickell Avenue, Acqua Lounge

When: Every Friday and Saturday from 9pm to midnight

Price: $21/person

Ashley Guistolisi may be contacted at a.guistolisi@umiami.edu.

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...