A slice of chocolate heaven

After rounding the corner of the elevator, the smells of chocolate pour into your nostrils, and the soft yellow lights guide you to what surely seems to be heaven. Every Friday and Saturday night, The Four Seasons Hotel Miami hosts a decadent chocolate tapas bar that will leave even the most ardent chocolate lover begging for mercy.

The buffet of desserts sits on a long table, with tiers of different choices and soft candles scattered in between. In the center is a large chocolate fountain, complete with baskets of marshmallows, strawberries, cookies and Rice Krispies treats for dipping. Each dessert looks hand-made, crafted especially for you, many with flecks of edible gold garnished on top. My advice is to start at one end of the table and work your way down because, try as you might, you won’t be able to fit them all on one plate.

The first thing that caught my eye was the chocolate cream, a small espresso-sized cup of what seemed like chocolate pudding with whipped cream and a thin chocolate garnish on top (which I also ate first). Peeking through at the back of the table, I noticed a small electric incubator, keeping the small, but heavenly molten chocolate cakes warm.

At first, I turned my nose up to the chocolate passion fruit, but after both the chef and my waitress told me it was their favorite, I had to try it for myself – and they were definitely right. The passion fruit came off very strong, so if you’re one of those people who doesn’t like to mix business with pleasure, this one’s not for you.

This buffet has something for everyone to love, whether it’s the milk chocolate caramelized dome (amazing), or the raspberry upside down tort. Don’t leave without trying my favorite, the Colombian coffee Napoleon, a rich combination of coffee-flavored mousse sandwiched between both soft and hardened chocolate. And before you do anything, make sure to order a tall glass of milk-you’re going to need it.

Where: Four Seasons Hotel Miami 1435 Brickell Avenue, Acqua Lounge

When: Every Friday and Saturday from 9pm to midnight

Price: $21/person

Ashley Guistolisi may be contacted at a.guistolisi@umiami.edu.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...