What’s going on?

November 15: Today

Patio Jams will feature UM R & B Ensemble, an all-student cover band, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Jed Horne will host a talk about Hurricane Katrina called “Breach of Faith: Hurricane Katrina and the Near Death of a Great American City,” from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the School of Communication Courtyard.

The Knight Center for International Media at the School of Communication will hold the symposium “The New American Newspaper,” where industry professionals will discuss the state of American newspapers and Web sites, at 6:30 p.m. in Shojaee Hall.

November 16: Friday

The Japanese Film Festival will screen the romantic comedy, “Train Man: Densha Otoko,” directed by Masanori Murakami at 7:30 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. This event is free and open to the public.

UM’s Screen on the Green will feature “White Christmas” at 8 p.m. and “Coming to America” at 10 p.m. on the University Green. This event is free and open to the public.

November 17: Saturday

Afrocentria, an Africa Week event, will take place at 7 p.m. on the UC Rock.

November 18: Sunday

The Marbella International Film Festival will be screening 30 films at Cosford Cinema from 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. UM students are admitted free with a Cane Card.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...