Read (or park) between the lines

As a commuter student, I get to campus two or three hours early to get a parking spot. No, not an ordinary parking spot, but a parking spot that steers clear of those students that can’t park their cars straight to save their lives. A few weeks ago I was exiting the sculpture studio when I noticed a decent-sized dent in the front driver’s side corner of my car. There was a dent and a nice, long car-on-car scrape that led me to believe someone had been incapable of parking, hit my car, tried to back up and damaged it even more. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

When I get to campus and park in the lot behind the School of Communication, I back in and out until I am perfectly aligned within those two white lines. That way, if I end up with another dent, it wasn’t my fault. Do us all a favor (especially students like me with fathers that think we are incompetent drivers: PARK STRAIGHT. And if you hit someone’s car, do the honest thing and leave a note.

– Ashley Davidson
Senior

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...