Read (or park) between the lines

As a commuter student, I get to campus two or three hours early to get a parking spot. No, not an ordinary parking spot, but a parking spot that steers clear of those students that can’t park their cars straight to save their lives. A few weeks ago I was exiting the sculpture studio when I noticed a decent-sized dent in the front driver’s side corner of my car. There was a dent and a nice, long car-on-car scrape that led me to believe someone had been incapable of parking, hit my car, tried to back up and damaged it even more. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

When I get to campus and park in the lot behind the School of Communication, I back in and out until I am perfectly aligned within those two white lines. That way, if I end up with another dent, it wasn’t my fault. Do us all a favor (especially students like me with fathers that think we are incompetent drivers: PARK STRAIGHT. And if you hit someone’s car, do the honest thing and leave a note.

– Ashley Davidson
Senior

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...