Orange Bowl retrospective, past and present facts

Now

62,106 were in attendance at the final game at the OB.

The last game on Nov. 10, 2007, was exactly 69 years and 11 months after the first game.

The final game was a shutout also, but this time, not in Miami’s favor, as No. 19 Virginia defeated them 48-0.

Then

The stadium was named Roddy Burdine Municipal Stadium after its completion in 1937. Burdine was a popular figure in Miami, as he was one of the oldest pioneers in the city at the time.
It cost $340,000 to build.

The stadium was dedicated on December 10, 1937 when the Miami Hurricanes faced off against Georgia in the first game played at the OB.

22,000 people were in attendance for the first game. They watched from the two lower deck sidelines.

Miami routed Georgia Southern 40-0 on Oct. 1, 1937.

Roddy Burdine Municipal Stadium had an initial seating capacity of 23,330.

Alex Kushel may be contacted at a.kushel@umiami.edu

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...