Orange Bowl retrospective, past and present facts

Now

62,106 were in attendance at the final game at the OB.

The last game on Nov. 10, 2007, was exactly 69 years and 11 months after the first game.

The final game was a shutout also, but this time, not in Miami’s favor, as No. 19 Virginia defeated them 48-0.

Then

The stadium was named Roddy Burdine Municipal Stadium after its completion in 1937. Burdine was a popular figure in Miami, as he was one of the oldest pioneers in the city at the time.
It cost $340,000 to build.

The stadium was dedicated on December 10, 1937 when the Miami Hurricanes faced off against Georgia in the first game played at the OB.

22,000 people were in attendance for the first game. They watched from the two lower deck sidelines.

Miami routed Georgia Southern 40-0 on Oct. 1, 1937.

Roddy Burdine Municipal Stadium had an initial seating capacity of 23,330.

Alex Kushel may be contacted at a.kushel@umiami.edu

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...