Orange Bowl retrospective, past and present facts

Now

62,106 were in attendance at the final game at the OB.

The last game on Nov. 10, 2007, was exactly 69 years and 11 months after the first game.

The final game was a shutout also, but this time, not in Miami’s favor, as No. 19 Virginia defeated them 48-0.

Then

The stadium was named Roddy Burdine Municipal Stadium after its completion in 1937. Burdine was a popular figure in Miami, as he was one of the oldest pioneers in the city at the time.
It cost $340,000 to build.

The stadium was dedicated on December 10, 1937 when the Miami Hurricanes faced off against Georgia in the first game played at the OB.

22,000 people were in attendance for the first game. They watched from the two lower deck sidelines.

Miami routed Georgia Southern 40-0 on Oct. 1, 1937.

Roddy Burdine Municipal Stadium had an initial seating capacity of 23,330.

Alex Kushel may be contacted at a.kushel@umiami.edu

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...