OB FUN FACTS

From its opening in 1937 to 1959, the Orange Bowl was named Burdine Stadium after Roddy Burdine, one of Miami’s pioneers.

The first regular-season Miami Hurricanes football game played at the Orange Bowl was on Oct. 1, 1937, against Georgia Southern when the Hurricanes won 40-0.

The FedEx Orange Bowl Classic moved to Dolphin
Stadium in 1996. The game was played once more at the Orange Bowl in 1999, due to a Dolphins playoff game at what is now Dolphin Stadium.

Orange Bowl Breakdown
Surface: Prescription Athletic Turf, formerly artificial grass
Original cost: $340,000
Original seating capacity: 23,330
Current seating capacity: 72,319

Dolphin Stadium Breakdown
Video boards: the largest hi-definition video boards in pro sports and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.
Televisions: around 2,000 flat-screen TV monitors
Parking: more than 22,000 parking spaces

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...