OB FUN FACTS

From its opening in 1937 to 1959, the Orange Bowl was named Burdine Stadium after Roddy Burdine, one of Miami’s pioneers.

The first regular-season Miami Hurricanes football game played at the Orange Bowl was on Oct. 1, 1937, against Georgia Southern when the Hurricanes won 40-0.

The FedEx Orange Bowl Classic moved to Dolphin
Stadium in 1996. The game was played once more at the Orange Bowl in 1999, due to a Dolphins playoff game at what is now Dolphin Stadium.

Orange Bowl Breakdown
Surface: Prescription Athletic Turf, formerly artificial grass
Original cost: $340,000
Original seating capacity: 23,330
Current seating capacity: 72,319

Dolphin Stadium Breakdown
Video boards: the largest hi-definition video boards in pro sports and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.
Televisions: around 2,000 flat-screen TV monitors
Parking: more than 22,000 parking spaces

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...