What’s going on?

November 8: Today

Judge Helmut Tuerk, former Austrian ambassador to the U.S., will present “Combating Terrorism at Sea: The Suppression of Unlawful Acts Against the Safety of Maritime Navigation” at noon in the Alma Jennings Foundation Student Lounge at The School of Law.

Patio Jams will feature Fitzroy, a Caribbean funk/hip-hop artist, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Lowe Art Museum will feature “Material Terrain: A Sculptural Exploration of Landscape and Place,” by Ming Fay from 7 to 9:30 p.m.

The Hindu Students Council is hosting Diwali Puja on the UC Rock to celebrate the new year with bahjans and free Indian food from 7 to 9 p.m.

The Center for Latin American Studies will present George Yúdice’s lecture “Knowledge Production in the Age of the Creative Economy” in Wesley Gallery at 7 p.m.

November 9: Friday

UMTV is hosting a Viewing and Ice Cream Party with free Wall’s Ice Cream from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. in the UC Ballrooms.

November 10: Saturday

The Cosford Cinema will screen “Live-in Maid” at 2, 6 and 10 p.m.

November 11: Sunday

UM Hillel and Jewish-Greek Life Liaisons will host Greek Bagel Brunch on the Panhellenic Patio from noon to 2 p.m.

The Society of Composers, Inc. will perform at Gusman Concert Hall from 7 to 9 p.m.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...