MATCHUP: MIAMI v. VIRGINIA

Football Preview

QUARTERBACKS

Kyle Wright has recovered from his injury and should be motivated to have a big performance in the last game of his career at home. Jameel Sewell has led his team to several game-winning drives in the fourth quarter and has made key plays under pressure. He has thrown 10 touchdowns and rushed for 200 yards.

Advantage: VIRGINIA

O-LINE

Miami’s group up front has not been the reason for the team’s struggles this season. The unit blocked effectively last week and saw continued improvement from guards Orlando Franklin and Joel Figueroa. The Cavaliers unit has given up 22 sacks on the season. It should be noted that their group has kept its composure and has played well late in close games.

Advantage: MIAMI

RUNNING BACKS

The Hurricanes rushed for 314 yards last week and still lost the game. Javarris James and Graig Cooper should contribute once again in the backfield in this game. Virginia’s leading rusher Cedric Peerman has been lost for the season. Mikell Simpson has filled the void and has come on strong the past few games. He has 226 yards on the ground and has scored four touchdowns.

Advantage: MIAMI

SPECIAL TEAMS

Miami goes into the game without knowing what they will get from the kicking game. Punter Matt Bosher has shown improvement and may be called on to kick field goals. The Cavalier’s

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...