Interview Dr. Pascal J. Goldschmidt

CORAL GABLES – After leaving Duke University to become dean of the Miller School of Medicine, Dr. Pascal J. Goldschmidt came to the University of Miami with big plans.

One of his major goals as the dean is to elevate UM’s status to a top research school in the United States.

Since he came to UM in April 2006, he has created a new institute in the area of genetics and genomics, and he is also developing the Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute, along with researchers from Johns Hopkins University.

The following is from an interview with Goldschmidt on Oct. 15:

Q: You were the director of Cardiology at the Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, and then you became the Chief of Cardiology at Duke University where you were promoted to chairman of the department of medicine. What do you think is your biggest challenge as the senior vice president for medical affairs and dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine?

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...