Interview Dr. Pascal J. Goldschmidt

CORAL GABLES – After leaving Duke University to become dean of the Miller School of Medicine, Dr. Pascal J. Goldschmidt came to the University of Miami with big plans.

One of his major goals as the dean is to elevate UM’s status to a top research school in the United States.

Since he came to UM in April 2006, he has created a new institute in the area of genetics and genomics, and he is also developing the Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute, along with researchers from Johns Hopkins University.

The following is from an interview with Goldschmidt on Oct. 15:

Q: You were the director of Cardiology at the Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, and then you became the Chief of Cardiology at Duke University where you were promoted to chairman of the department of medicine. What do you think is your biggest challenge as the senior vice president for medical affairs and dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine?

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...