Redshirt quarterback arrested

POSTED NOV. 3 AT 8:30 P.M.
UPDATED NOV. 3 AT 9:33 P.M.

Robert Marve, a redshirt freshman quarterback, was arrested after running from a police officer in Coconut Grove on Halloween, The Miami Herald reported Saturday.

An officer spotted Marve breaking the rear-view mirror of a car and, when the officer approached, Marve ran away, The Herald reported. The officer later caught Marve.

The freshman was later charged with two misdemeanors: resisting arrest without violence and criminal mischief, according to The Herald.

“He was apparently upset about something, we don’t know what,” Miami Police spokesperson Delrish Moss told The Herald.

According to a statement released by the university, Marve met with Head Coach Randy Shannon to discuss the situation. Shannon, who has been a strict disciplinarian with the team, has yet to release any information as to what actions he will take.

Marve, a Plant High School graduate, was rated No. 14 among national quarterbacks by Scout.com in 2006. He was injured in the off-season when a car, driven by another Miami Hurricane football player, rolled several times on Alligator Alley.

Check with TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Stacey Arnold may be contacted at s.arnold@umiami.edu.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...