Canes lose to Wolpack in OT

POSTED NOV. 3 AT 7:40 P.M.

For a minute, it looked like the ‘Canes were setting themselves up for another last minute comeback, but the late game heroics quarterback Kirby Freeman showed against Florida State were nowhere to be found.

In their Homecoming game, the Miami Hurricanes (5-4, 2-3 ACC) suffered a frustrating 19-16 loss to the North Carolina State Wolfpack (4-5, 2-3 ACC).

The loss can be attributed to a number of things, but the most glaring had to be the play of quarterback Kirby Freeman. Freeman had more interceptions than completions in the game, as he went one-for-fourteen with one touchdown and three interceptions. His lone completed pass was an 84-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Darnell Jenkins.

The defense was unable to hold the Wolfpack, in the fourth quarter, which proved to be problematic for the Hurricanes. Although the defense was able to stop NC State from getting into the end zone, three fourth quarter field goals allowed the Wolfpack to clench the win.

In overtime, the Hurricanes were done in by a missed 27-yard field goal by kicker Daren Daley. This allowed the Wolfpack to set up kicker Steven Hauschka for the game winning 42-yard field goal.

Pravin Patel may be contacted at p.patel7@umiami.edu.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...