Canes lose to Wolpack in OT

POSTED NOV. 3 AT 7:40 P.M.

For a minute, it looked like the ‘Canes were setting themselves up for another last minute comeback, but the late game heroics quarterback Kirby Freeman showed against Florida State were nowhere to be found.

In their Homecoming game, the Miami Hurricanes (5-4, 2-3 ACC) suffered a frustrating 19-16 loss to the North Carolina State Wolfpack (4-5, 2-3 ACC).

The loss can be attributed to a number of things, but the most glaring had to be the play of quarterback Kirby Freeman. Freeman had more interceptions than completions in the game, as he went one-for-fourteen with one touchdown and three interceptions. His lone completed pass was an 84-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Darnell Jenkins.

The defense was unable to hold the Wolfpack, in the fourth quarter, which proved to be problematic for the Hurricanes. Although the defense was able to stop NC State from getting into the end zone, three fourth quarter field goals allowed the Wolfpack to clench the win.

In overtime, the Hurricanes were done in by a missed 27-yard field goal by kicker Daren Daley. This allowed the Wolfpack to set up kicker Steven Hauschka for the game winning 42-yard field goal.

Pravin Patel may be contacted at p.patel7@umiami.edu.

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...