Canes lose to Wolpack in OT

POSTED NOV. 3 AT 7:40 P.M.

For a minute, it looked like the ‘Canes were setting themselves up for another last minute comeback, but the late game heroics quarterback Kirby Freeman showed against Florida State were nowhere to be found.

In their Homecoming game, the Miami Hurricanes (5-4, 2-3 ACC) suffered a frustrating 19-16 loss to the North Carolina State Wolfpack (4-5, 2-3 ACC).

The loss can be attributed to a number of things, but the most glaring had to be the play of quarterback Kirby Freeman. Freeman had more interceptions than completions in the game, as he went one-for-fourteen with one touchdown and three interceptions. His lone completed pass was an 84-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Darnell Jenkins.

The defense was unable to hold the Wolfpack, in the fourth quarter, which proved to be problematic for the Hurricanes. Although the defense was able to stop NC State from getting into the end zone, three fourth quarter field goals allowed the Wolfpack to clench the win.

In overtime, the Hurricanes were done in by a missed 27-yard field goal by kicker Daren Daley. This allowed the Wolfpack to set up kicker Steven Hauschka for the game winning 42-yard field goal.

Pravin Patel may be contacted at p.patel7@umiami.edu.

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...