Alumni invited to be students again

University of Miami alumni will meet new faculty, participate in Homecoming and attend classes during Alumni Weekend 2007.

Reunions are the highlight of Alumni Weekend. Each year, UM hosts class reunion celebrations for undergraduate alumni from the 5th, 10th, 25th, 30th, 40th and 50th classes, as well as for the recent grads and the old timers.

Alums may participate in the Audrey R. Finkelstein UM Experience, a program that allows alums to become students again by attending lectures on a variety of topics. Classes in law, music, communications and theatre are being offered to alums and guests for $20 per person.

All alums may participate in Alumni Avenue, a “block party” style event.

Additionally, university clubs, athletic programs and organizations host reunions, including WVUM, Army Veterans, Band of the Hour, Iron Arrow and various fraternities and sororities.

Today marks the kickoff event with the 50th Class Reunion (classes of 1956, 1957 and 1958) at the Country Club of Coral Gables. Alumni Weekend concludes with a Sunday farewell brunch at the Venetian Pool.

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...