Alumni invited to be students again

University of Miami alumni will meet new faculty, participate in Homecoming and attend classes during Alumni Weekend 2007.

Reunions are the highlight of Alumni Weekend. Each year, UM hosts class reunion celebrations for undergraduate alumni from the 5th, 10th, 25th, 30th, 40th and 50th classes, as well as for the recent grads and the old timers.

Alums may participate in the Audrey R. Finkelstein UM Experience, a program that allows alums to become students again by attending lectures on a variety of topics. Classes in law, music, communications and theatre are being offered to alums and guests for $20 per person.

All alums may participate in Alumni Avenue, a “block party” style event.

Additionally, university clubs, athletic programs and organizations host reunions, including WVUM, Army Veterans, Band of the Hour, Iron Arrow and various fraternities and sororities.

Today marks the kickoff event with the 50th Class Reunion (classes of 1956, 1957 and 1958) at the Country Club of Coral Gables. Alumni Weekend concludes with a Sunday farewell brunch at the Venetian Pool.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...