University trustees vote to move forward on Cedars purchase

The University of Miami plans to complete the purchase of Cedars Medical Hospital by the beginning of December.

The decision came after a Board of Trustees meeting on Friday, during which UM senior officials were given permission to move forward with the deal.

“Today’s vote is an exciting milestone in the university’s quest to bring academic medicine to Cedars Medical Hospital, creating a university hospital environment to serve the people of South Florida and beyond,” said Miller School of Medicine Dean Pascal Goldschmidt in a press release.

The purchase of Cedars, the 560-bed hospital located across the street from Miller School of Medicine, will cost about $11.7 billion.

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...

The University of Miami baseball team will host visiting Pittsburgh for a three-game series beginnin ...

Johnson, Mack and McGusty join Hurricanes' program for 2018-19 season. ...

Kasey Crider was named Miami volleyball's associate head coach after three seasons on head coac ...