UM: Classes on for Thursday

POSTED OCT. 31 AT 5:50 P.M.

The university will be open for business Thursday, the crisis decision team decided at their 5:30 p.m. meeting Wednesday.

That could change after tomorrow morning’s meeting, but classes and regular operations are expected to continue.

As of the 5 p.m. advisory from the National Hurricane Center, South Florida will likely experience tropical storm force winds and may see one to three inches of rain tonight. The tropical storm watch extends from north of Ocean Reef to Jupiter Inlet.

In the past two days, the university has brought in tables, chairs and other items that could be blow away in the storm. Sandbags have also been distributed to certain locations.

For more information, visit www.miami.edu/storm.

Matthew Bunch contributed to this article.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu.

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...