Tracking Tropical Storm Noel

UPDATE OCT. 30 5:46 P.M.

After convening the Crisis Decision Team at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, university officials decided UM will be open for business tomorrow, including classes.

Another CDT meeting will take place Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. The Miami Hurricane will attend the meeting. Please check back for updates.

Senior Writer Matthew Bunch, who attended the meeting, contributed to this report.

POSTED OCT. 30 AT 9:46 A.M.

The Miami Hurricane is following Tropical Storm Noel’s progress online at TheMiamiHurricane.com and on Matthew Bunch’s blog, Noel Blog.

Please continue to check for updates regarding how the storm affects the university community.

UM announced on www.miami.edu/prepare that, “The university administration is currently monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Noel. At this time all university events, classes, and clinical activities are on a regular schedule.”

The site says the university’s next update will come after the National Hurricane Center’s 11 a.m. advisory. A meeting top deans and administrators will take place at noon today.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...