Tracking Tropical Storm Noel

UPDATE OCT. 30 5:46 P.M.

After convening the Crisis Decision Team at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, university officials decided UM will be open for business tomorrow, including classes.

Another CDT meeting will take place Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. The Miami Hurricane will attend the meeting. Please check back for updates.

Senior Writer Matthew Bunch, who attended the meeting, contributed to this report.

POSTED OCT. 30 AT 9:46 A.M.

The Miami Hurricane is following Tropical Storm Noel’s progress online at TheMiamiHurricane.com and on Matthew Bunch’s blog, Noel Blog.

Please continue to check for updates regarding how the storm affects the university community.

UM announced on www.miami.edu/prepare that, “The university administration is currently monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Noel. At this time all university events, classes, and clinical activities are on a regular schedule.”

The site says the university’s next update will come after the National Hurricane Center’s 11 a.m. advisory. A meeting top deans and administrators will take place at noon today.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...