Tracking Tropical Storm Noel

UPDATE OCT. 30 5:46 P.M.

After convening the Crisis Decision Team at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, university officials decided UM will be open for business tomorrow, including classes.

Another CDT meeting will take place Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. The Miami Hurricane will attend the meeting. Please check back for updates.

Senior Writer Matthew Bunch, who attended the meeting, contributed to this report.

POSTED OCT. 30 AT 9:46 A.M.

The Miami Hurricane is following Tropical Storm Noel’s progress online at TheMiamiHurricane.com and on Matthew Bunch’s blog, Noel Blog.

Please continue to check for updates regarding how the storm affects the university community.

UM announced on www.miami.edu/prepare that, “The university administration is currently monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Noel. At this time all university events, classes, and clinical activities are on a regular schedule.”

The site says the university’s next update will come after the National Hurricane Center’s 11 a.m. advisory. A meeting top deans and administrators will take place at noon today.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...