Mike Anderson scheduled for November court date

Michael “Mike” Anthony Anderson, the University of Miami student who was arrested and charged for sexually assaulting another student at Pearson Residential College last January, is rescheduled to go to trial on Nov. 29.

Anderson’s hearing was originally scheduled for today, but the hearing has been postponed for the third time.

According to a police report filed on Jan. 24, Anderson entered an unlocked dorm room in Pearson and digitally penetrated the sleeping victim. When the victim awoke, he stole some of her belongings and left.

After the university received tips in response to an e-mail crime alert, Anderson was voluntarily transported to Coral Gables Police Department (CGPD) headquarters for questioning. He then made a taped statement in which he admitted to the assault.

Anderson is charged with one count of sexual battery and one count of burglary with assault or battery, both of which are felonies.

Anderson, the 21-year-old former music and pre-med student, was released on bond in March.

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...