Mike Anderson scheduled for November court date

Michael “Mike” Anthony Anderson, the University of Miami student who was arrested and charged for sexually assaulting another student at Pearson Residential College last January, is rescheduled to go to trial on Nov. 29.

Anderson’s hearing was originally scheduled for today, but the hearing has been postponed for the third time.

According to a police report filed on Jan. 24, Anderson entered an unlocked dorm room in Pearson and digitally penetrated the sleeping victim. When the victim awoke, he stole some of her belongings and left.

After the university received tips in response to an e-mail crime alert, Anderson was voluntarily transported to Coral Gables Police Department (CGPD) headquarters for questioning. He then made a taped statement in which he admitted to the assault.

Anderson is charged with one count of sexual battery and one count of burglary with assault or battery, both of which are felonies.

Anderson, the 21-year-old former music and pre-med student, was released on bond in March.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...