Insomniacs look out: Miami pulls an all-nighter

Nov. 4 marks daylights savings time, so celebrate the extra hour with Miami’s Sleepless Nights.

Described as the cultural takeover of Miami Beach, Sleepless Nights includes 13 hours of music, dancing, culture and the arts at four different Miami Beach locations: North Beach, Collins Park, Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive.

Performances include live bands, street parades, dance performances and sculpture gardens to name a few, and all events are free.

Don’t worry about transportation interrupting your party; traveling theater buses will be provided free of cost between locations and they’ll be sure to be a ride to remember. Beginning at 6 p.m. on November 3, Sleepless Nights will run to sunrise at 6 a.m. (include the “25th hour” of the evening). Organized by the City of Miami Beach and the Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, Sleepless Nights will be one all-nighter you’ll be glad to pull.

As they say, “fall back and culture forward,” for more information, visit www.fulanoinc.com/testing/sleepless/index.html or socialmiami.com.

Information about the event compiled by Bari Lieberman, EDGE Editor

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...