Insomniacs look out: Miami pulls an all-nighter

Nov. 4 marks daylights savings time, so celebrate the extra hour with Miami’s Sleepless Nights.

Described as the cultural takeover of Miami Beach, Sleepless Nights includes 13 hours of music, dancing, culture and the arts at four different Miami Beach locations: North Beach, Collins Park, Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive.

Performances include live bands, street parades, dance performances and sculpture gardens to name a few, and all events are free.

Don’t worry about transportation interrupting your party; traveling theater buses will be provided free of cost between locations and they’ll be sure to be a ride to remember. Beginning at 6 p.m. on November 3, Sleepless Nights will run to sunrise at 6 a.m. (include the “25th hour” of the evening). Organized by the City of Miami Beach and the Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, Sleepless Nights will be one all-nighter you’ll be glad to pull.

As they say, “fall back and culture forward,” for more information, visit www.fulanoinc.com/testing/sleepless/index.html or socialmiami.com.

Information about the event compiled by Bari Lieberman, EDGE Editor

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...