Insomniacs look out: Miami pulls an all-nighter

Nov. 4 marks daylights savings time, so celebrate the extra hour with Miami’s Sleepless Nights.

Described as the cultural takeover of Miami Beach, Sleepless Nights includes 13 hours of music, dancing, culture and the arts at four different Miami Beach locations: North Beach, Collins Park, Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive.

Performances include live bands, street parades, dance performances and sculpture gardens to name a few, and all events are free.

Don’t worry about transportation interrupting your party; traveling theater buses will be provided free of cost between locations and they’ll be sure to be a ride to remember. Beginning at 6 p.m. on November 3, Sleepless Nights will run to sunrise at 6 a.m. (include the “25th hour” of the evening). Organized by the City of Miami Beach and the Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, Sleepless Nights will be one all-nighter you’ll be glad to pull.

As they say, “fall back and culture forward,” for more information, visit www.fulanoinc.com/testing/sleepless/index.html or socialmiami.com.

Information about the event compiled by Bari Lieberman, EDGE Editor

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...